Jens Hatlak wrote:
You're drawing wrong conclusions from an incomplete picture. The
preferences have been there in SM 1.1 and are gone in SM 2.0. That's
all. No differences regarding platform there.

OK, sorry about that - I misinterpreted an earlier thread in which Windows people were pointing me to a 'new helper apps' button that I don't have, and when I pointed out that I didn't have that button it was suggested the difference might be an OS thing.

I don't have SM under Windows, only Linux, so was not in a position to compare for myself. Thanks for the clarification.