Beverly Howard wrote:
In addition to the google/seamonky search issues currently being
discussed, I'm experiencing a serious problem trying to use
http://maps.google.com (currently running 1.1.17 for stability issues)

When a map comes up in "satellite" view, seamonkey essentially "locks up"

This impacts not only seamonkey, the computer as a whole becomes
unusable where the only option is to kill seamonkey using task manager,
a real pita if I have other tabs open.

I'm going to run a few tests to get more info and will report back. I
have reported this to google for whatever good that might do.

Could someone else open maps in satellite view and see if they are
impacted as well?

WFM in SM 2.0.7. And I never had any problem with it in 1.x versions. Do the usual suggestion and try it in Safe Mode.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/