Beverly Howard wrote:

I think it's there, but I can't see it (I see one unread message)... so,
reposting;

 >> Seamonkey locks up when google maps satellite view is selected <<

The maximum problems are observed when google maps is showing a detail
area 4-5 miles across or less... for example, the problem is not there
when the google maps default screen of north america in sat view comes ups.

Experimenting with Task Manager shows that seamonkey's cpu demands are
normal until the satellite view is selected, then it goes to 50% and
stays there until the seamonkey process is killed using task manager.

Doing anything out side of seamonkey then becomes difficult to
impossile... for example, "killing" seamonkey using task manager is
difficult since the cursor is almost frozen and keyboard command

Saw your original post, as well as your instant replay.

Tried entering my own address, then choosing satellite view, both came up quickly on my low-end broadband connection (DirecWay). I can normally download about 6 MB per minute through this connection.

Clicked the minus sign to zoom out one step, no problem. Again, no problem. Gradually worked my way out to a scale about 150 miles across (scale in lower left corner of pane shows "20 mi/50 km"). No problems with any of these satellite views.

No CPU issues, either. It just works, period end of story.

Paul B. Gallagher