Ant schreef:
On 9/1/2011 7:44 AM PT, PhillipJones typed:

.... Can I do a separate installation of SM2, or does it have to be
over v2.0.14? Thank you in advance. :)

You can have separation installation folders for SeaMonkey and it works
just fine. I cannot say the same will be true for any extensions/themes
you have in v2.0.14, though.

Is it possible to keep my old SM v2.0.14 (had it installed in
d:\winstuff\SeaMonkey2\ since v2.0.0 as a clean install because of v1.x
in another folder/directory [uninstalled last year or so) profile, and
then make a new v2.3.2 profile to upgrade my v2.0.14 profile with
v2.3.2's full installer (internal updater shows v2.2 and I want to save
time with downloads and internal upgrades)?

Basically, I want to keep v2.0.14 and its old profile untouched. Install
SM v2.3.2 in a different folder/directory and upgrade its old profile in
a NEW profile including the old extensions and addons (if possible, or
else I will have to redownload, reinstall, and reconfigure). I want both
SM2 have their own profiles and locations.

I forgot to mention that this would be for Windows (32-bit Pro. SP3 and
64-bit W7 HPE) and Debian/Linux. Let's worry about Windows first for
now. ;)

Hmm, this is getting complex. :(

You can also install Seamonkey 2.0.14 Portable and copy/move
the contents of your old SM 20.14 profile to the portable version.

Seamonkey Portable keeps the profile in it's main folder.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/SeaMonkey%20Portable/SeaMonkey%20Portable%202.0.14/

Regards,

Zanqeutil