No difference, Hartmut : in safe mode, and with new
profile, exactly the same behaviour -- no effect when
clicking on "Check to see if your plugins are up
to date.  Incidentally, this string (and all those
below, in the Add-Ons manager) are not copyable --
this seems to be a new "feature" of Seamonkey, ever
since its adoption of what appears to be a clone of
the Flash paradigm for presenting information that has
no need of Flashlike functionality whatsoever.  I am
afraid that I continue to think that Seamonkey is
blindly following fashion without any consideration
as to whether the current fads are in any way useful
to the end user.  Rant over.

Totally unrelated, but Seamonkey is, with increasing
frequency, stalling while displaying (e.g.,) "connecting
to l.addthiscdn.com" (or thumbs2.ebay.com. or wherever),
using 97%+ cpu, and not relinquishing that cpu on hitting
"escape", despite the fact that it claims to have stopped
trying to connect to <wherever>.  To regain the lost CPU
requires a full kill of Seamonkey and a re-start.  The
execrable Internet Explorer, on the other hand, has no
such problems, to the point where I am actually being
forced to use it to visit some sites.

** Phil.
--------
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Hartmut Figge wrote:

No errors for my 2.8a1. Hm, i can not test with 2.4.1, but have you
tried with safe-mode?

No, can try tomorrow (just off to table tennis now).
** Phil.