Philip TAYLOR:

>No difference, Hartmut : in safe mode, and with new
>profile, exactly the same behaviour -- no effect when
>clicking on "Check to see if your plugins are up
>to date.  Incidentally, this string (and all those
>below,

You could create a test-profile with the profile-manager and try
therein. There is nothing to configure so the waste of time is bearable. ;)

It may be that you have found a bug in 2.4.1 which is fixed in my 2.8a1.

 in the Add-Ons manager) are not copyable --

You are right. Yuck.

>this seems to be a new "feature" of Seamonkey, ever
>since its adoption of what appears to be a clone of
>the Flash paradigm for presenting information that has
>no need of Flashlike functionality whatsoever.  I am
>afraid that I continue to think that Seamonkey is
>blindly following fashion without any consideration
>as to whether the current fads are in any way useful
>to the end user.  Rant over.

Mhm. I had stopped using SM > 2.0.x for a long time because i was too
unhappy with some changes. *g*

>Totally unrelated, but Seamonkey is, with increasing
>frequency, stalling while displaying (e.g.,) "connecting
>to l.addthiscdn.com" (or thumbs2.ebay.com. or wherever),
>using 97%+ cpu, and not relinquishing that cpu on hitting
>"escape", despite the fact that it claims to have stopped
>trying to connect to <wherever>.

Haven't noticed that one. Sounds like a plugin or addon could be
responsible.

Hartmut