chicagofan wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
chicagofan wrote:

Just installed 2.7 on a new laptop [not this one], and although I have
tried to install two different themes,
for the life of me they still look like the default theme... or perhaps
the colors shown on the selection page
are misleading? Is that possible? I am trying to get away from grey, and
blue, which are depressing to me,
and since Walnut is not available for this version I tried 2 others
which looked like they had beige looking
headers. Is this happening to anyone else... these color differences?

Also, I can no longer run speed tests at dslreports.com, because Java or
java applets(?) are missing with 2.7.
What can I do about this?

If you upgraded to Win7 or installed it from scratch, you may have to
reinstall Java. But on my Win7 Pro SP1 machine their tests run fine.
This is not a feature of SeaMonkey, any more than Flash or Acrobat are.

Detect Java:
<http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1>
If it just spins and spins and never completes, you don't have it.

Download Java:
<http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp>

My results:
<http://www.dslreports.com/im/100758994/48176.png>

Thanks, Paul. The new laptop has whatever comes with Win7 Home Edition
now, and those tests would not run. I was so annoyed by all of the small
type, I could not adjust, that I didn't look to see what was loaded
under Win7. I thought SM needed plugins, as it suggested at the BBR web
site. I'll check tomorrow.

I'm liking Win Xp more and more. ;)
bj

Microsoft has not distributed a Java runtime in many many years. In face, they legally cannot. If your computer manufacturer did not install Java as a standard part of the build then you need to download it and install it.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

You want the Java SE 7u2 JRE, not the JDK.

Just click the red Download button under JRE.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/