On 3/7/2012 5:56 PM PT, cmcadams typed:

You mention Acronis, so I'll assume you're referring to partition
backups. Acronis would likely still work. What's wrong with that?

I used Partition Magic to back up for many years, until Symantec let it
go to seed. When I went looking for something to replace it I Googled
user reviews and ended up downloading http://www.partitionwizard.com/,
both the Windows and boot CD versions.

PartitionMagic (PM) didn't have backup. Maybe you meant DriveImage? Yes, I miss old PM (DOS version) too.
--
"In every enemy that is an ant, behold an elephant." --Turkish