Interviewed by CNN on 24/03/2012 22:41, Beauregard T. Shagnasty told the
world:
> PhillipJones wrote:
>
>>   I  guess I could blacklist gmail.com and yahoo.com problem is there
>> might be some legit posting.
>
> No, you should blacklist (filter out) Google Groups, the source of nearly
> all Usenet spam. Real people use Gmail and Yahoo addresses, so that is
> not a good idea.
>
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

I had a look at that... and at this page:

http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html

it's claimed that Thunderbird/Seamonkey is unable to filter on
Message-ID. That may be true on the default setup (I'm not sure, it has
been *so long* since I started a profile from scratch..) but it's not
completely true. First, it's possible to create custom headers as
explained here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Filters

(I dimly remember having to do *something* to get that option to set up
custom headers. Maybe they are/used to be hidden by default, and I had
to change some about:config setting?)

And then, for even more options, there's FiltaQuilla:

http://mesquilla.com/extensions/filtaquilla/

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.