I've lost the toolbar that allowed me to save or print a PDF file when
opened in a Seamonkey window, which is pretty essential to make use of
PDF files.

I'm running SM 2.8 in Windows XP and  use the full version of Adobe
Acrobat (now 9.5). When I went to the plug-in section of the SM
add-ons manager, this was reported as being out of date, so I clicked
"update." What I got was a new PDF plug-in for Acrobat 10.1 (and drat
-- those devils at Adobe snuck McAfee Virus Scan right past my
suspicious nose!).

Now I have both Acrobat plug-ins installed and visible in AOM, but
still no toolbar.

Should I uninstall one plug-in or the other?

Since the toolbar problem seems to be unrelated, how might I get it back?