On 7/14/2012 5:45 PM PT, Ant typed:

So, using what Philip said, give yourself a new, empty, profile for SM
2.10.1!! Then 2.0.14 will have a profile (the default) and 2.10.1 will
use the new one, never to interfere with each other (unless you want).

Weird. My two SM installations are confused now. I told v2.10.1 to
always use the new clean profile and I tell v2.0.14 to always use the
old profile, but they are confused. My old ones detect new extensions
for compatibility issues. I tried manual Profile Manager and noticed it
selects the wrong one by default. Ugh!

Yep, SM v2.0.14 wiped out my newer extensions from SM v2.10.1 when using the newer profile. I will have to manually carefully pick the correct profile and can't rely on the automatic default profile selection :/
--
"Is this stuff any good for ants?" "No, it kills them." --unknown