On both my and my wife's PCs, we have used SeaMonkey since it first became available. On my wife's PC, running XP-Home, fully updated, SeaMonkey 2.15 automatically installed itself a day or so ago. The latest Java update also installed itself the same day.

When the machine was booted this morning, the e-mail menu and icons that used to come up were missing and SeaMonkey called for a new e-mail account to be set up. Other than the missing e-mail menus, everything else in SeaMonkey seems to be working properly. This situation reminds me of a previous SeaMonkey upgrade where the bookmarks files went missing.

As I go back to the MS-DOS days, I looked at the hard drive file structure and it looks like both the e-mail and bookmarks files are, in fact, still sitting on the hard drive in their proper positions.

1)  Can someone explain to me in simple language what may have gone wrong?

2) Can some kind soul tell me in a step-by-step 'fix it for dummies' style how to get the e-mail working again?

3)  Ditto for restoring the bookmarks files.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all assistance.