Philip Chee wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 02:04:44 -0500, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
>> They also offered a link for software developers to submit their
>> products for whitelisting, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose
>> that confidential information. ;-)
>
> We have that sooper dooper sekeret upload link already thank you very
> much. Unfortunately as far as we can determine, it still requires a live
> human at the other end looking at the results. This means that uploading
> on a weekend or public holiday means we have to wait until their staff
> come back to work.

And sometimes it seems to take a week, (on non holiday weeks) to get a
response from them that they whitelisted it.

Relying on a company to whitelist us, when they have broken virus
detection like this, in a world where days count in order to properly
get user testing for our product, and to give our users the security
they need in terms of actual vulnerabilities is unacceptable.

We used to wait for them to whitelist us, but the second time its taken
longer than a week for a *final* version to get whitelisted we gave up
and no longer wait for responses from them.

See my earlier posts in this newsgroup about it.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)