WaltS wrote:

On 02/19/2013 02:33 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
Will SeaMonkey 2.16 (the next major release) include built-in
support for the .pdf file format?

What did you have in mind? The current save/open choice seems
optimal, PDF is a format which seems to lend itself to making that
choice on a per-file basis, so the current action seems
appropriate.

He probably has this in mind.

<http://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/02/19/firefox-introduces-pdf-viewer-to-browse-the-web-without-interruption/>

The article seems to tout the ability to view PDFs without additional clicks as a big deal, but we can already set SM to do that if we so desire. I personally would rather have the choice of configuring my browser to open them in a plugin or a standalone app or automatically save them or ask me or whatever.

Paul B. Gallagher