WaltS wrote:
On 02/19/2013 02:33 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
Will SeaMonkey 2.16 (the next major release) include built-in support for the
.pdf file format?

What did you have in mind? The current save/open choice seems optimal, PDF is a
format which seems to lend itself to making that choice on a per-file basis, so
the current action seems appropriate.

He probably has this in mind.

<http://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/02/19/firefox-introduces-pdf-viewer-to-browse-the-web-without-interruption/>

Given that a plugin can be called by default if you always want to view, and if this is Mozilla maintained code they seem to be putting their effort into features rather than the buglist, I can't say I care much one way or the other. Wish FF for Android would play MP3 (URLs ending in .m3u) for all the icecast public radio stations, not having to find a plugin or run a separate app would be a time saver.

If it's in the core code I bet SM will get it because it's easier than not, otherwise who knows, plugins can be called now.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have