Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Andrea Govoni wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:
smbel...@toroidalsnark.net wrote:

Um, no. I'm using a MacBook Air and a Mac Mini. Both run OS X. The
trackpad on each machine uses multitouch gestures; pinch-to-zoom in
particular works with the standard versions of Safari, Firefox,
Chrome, and Camino. A "smart phone" or "smart pad" (i.e. iPhone,
iPad)
in the Apple world runs a different operating system, iOS. Totally
not
what I'm asking about.

There are some documented OS X interface compatibility/implementation
issues outstanding in SM - one of the most glaring (IMO) is not
following an alias or on-disk URL path when using the Profile
manager...looks like you've found another.

I agree - the browser *should* support features of the OS interface,
but
in the case of this gesture it seems rather sporadically implemented
amongst the apps I use, so in general I don't use it...still, would be
nice to be able to use this with images.

Does control-scroll no longer work to zoom on OSX 10.8?

Control-scrolling zooms the whole *screen*, pinching zooms the
window/tab *content*.

Under Max OS 10.6.8 cntrl+scroll gesture only zooms the window content,
and works this way with SM.  Just did it...

...the annoying thing is that there's no way I can find to quickly
return the window content to unzoomed, 100% view.

Command (Apple key) +scroll gesture will zoom the whole screen - and
only zoom *up*.  Command+scroll gesture down will return to 100% view
and halt there.  Not so in a window.

On my 10.6.8 control-scroll zooms the whole screen.  That's changeable
is SysPref

In SM
CMND - +  zooms a window in,  CMND- -  zooms out   CMND- 0  resets

whether you zoom a windows text only or also images is in the SM prefs

there's stuff in SysPrefs about pinching I never saw b4,  Maybe I'll try
that later

GW

I think it may depend on what input device you're using...dunno.

--
     - Rufus