I was wondering why my laptop cpu heats up so much
and seems to be working a lot (fan goes on and then goes
to highest working speed) when:
I'm only reading a text page in the browser that has no
advertising or flash on the page.

then I found this blurb searching around for an answer:

Software is the primary factor which determines CPU and GPU usage, since software essentially controls these hardware devices. As such, using software which constantly loads the CPU will cause any computer to heat up more then it would at idle.

So the only software I launched when this happens is seamonkey, even
when I set it to offline as I'm reading a page.

I'm wondering if there is any "spin code" in seamonkey.

--
Takes more than talk to get things done.