Erness Wild wrote:

> I don't think it's seamonkey causing the increased cpu usage.
> if I launch seamonkey without an internet connection then this
> doesn't happen. Seems to be the wifi doing it even when I have
> no software open and the computer not running anything. If I
> disconnect from the internet then the computer cools down and the
> cpu fan shuts off.

Without wishing to worry you unnecessarily, I would be inclined to
install some IP-monitoring functionality and find out which process
is causing this high network traffic and to which IP address(es).
It /could/ be something malign of which you are currently (and
blissfully) unaware.

Philip Taylor
--
Windows 8 ? Just say "no".