Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
jigo wrote:

To be specific, I can only access the toolbars by clicking view on top
toolbar, then choosing and checking all four toolbar options shown to
turn
them on. I did this for all four toolbars shown and set mail as "view."
The other toolbars on my system are the navigation toolbar and the
address toolbar. I don't see a fourth, but since I checked off all
toolbars to be shown, I don't know why the personal toolbar is not there
(or on the main SeaMonkey screen.)  Oddly enough, a send button appears
in a reply post like this but not in the main browser screen when
sending or replying to an email. Nowhere have I been able to get the
"Start" button on any other toolbar. And I don't know what that
"personal" toolbar is. I've never been able to show it and I've clicked
all four toolbar to be shown.

Please bottom-post on this forum, thanks.

The "Send" button is meaningless in a browser window, so it won't appear
there; similarly, it is meaningless in a mail/news listing, so it
doesn't appear there, either (but the mail/news listing does have
"compose," "reply," and other appropriate buttons). The "Send" button
only appears in a mail composition window (CTRL-M to begin a new
message, CTRL-R to reply, etc.).

If you are using your browser to access webmail, the webmaster should
have designed his own "send" button into his page(s); this is not a
feature of SeaMonkey.

I don't understand your phrase, "in the main browser screen when sending
or replying to an email," since the browser is not used to send mail.

AFAIK the "Start" button is a Windows feature, not a SeaMonkey feature.

I suppose the "Personal toolbar" must be one you assembled yourself from
available buttons, so if you haven't done so, it would be empty.

Paul, I'm wondering if the OP, jingo, is using webmail (gmail, yahoomail, whatever) and is not seeing the "send" button on the webmail page.

Could it be that he does not have javascript enabled and the "Send" button is some sort of script??

Or, maybe, the "Send" button comes from another site and the OP, jingo, has set the Image Acceptance Policy, at Edit->Preferences->Privacy & Security->Images, to "Only load images that come from the originating server.

(I had a similar problem with Amazon.ca, some years ago, where I could not "see" the "Cash Register", or whatever, icon, so couldn't complete a transaction!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 SeaMonkey/2.23 Build identifier: 20131203183810

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 SeaMonkey/2.22 Build identifier: 20131023190942