Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mort wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

"For example, are you able to login to sites that require cookies
even though nothing shows in the CM?"

How do I know which sites require cookies for me to log into?

As a general rule, if a site requires you to log in with a username and
password before it will display content, it's using cookies.
Occasionally such sites will put a session id in the URL, but most use
cookies.

If you try to login and the site returns you to a blank login page, that
usually means you've rejected their cookies.

If you login and are granted access that you didn't have before, that
usually means you've accepted their cookies.

Thanks. Yes, several such sites allow me to log in automatically, which suggests that cookies are being acquired by my PC but not appearing in my cookie manager. The plot thickens.

Mort Linder