Trane Francks wrote:
On 1/22/14 12:02 PM +0900, jim wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:51:15 -0500, Ed Mullen
<ejobviouslyrem...@edmullen.net> in mozilla.support.seamonkey wrote:

EE wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Rob wrote:
jim <j...@earthlink.com> wrote:
Seamonkey 2.9.1

that the email composition font is liable to change from your
setting
for
html messages to variable font mixed (i think that is what it is) is
not
longer something i beat myself up for as something "i am doing"
since i
find out it happens to other people (and even with thunderbird).  I
found
it several years ago and changed it form a serif (times roman or
courier
or similar) to match my primary arial composition font and size as
close
as possible and can not 'refind" it since i have made a recent
change in
my html font from "large" to extra large".

cutting to the chase: does anyone know where the setting for the
secondary
default font for email composition in Seamonkey is?

jim

Please note that once you change the font setting for mail
composition,
things become extremely buggy.  You will not be able to predict what
happens when you backspace, cut-and-paste, reply to part of a
message,
etc.  It worked okay in the past but it has been broken and
apparently
it is not going to be fixed.

It may work sort of reasonable in the extremely old version that you
use.

Strange you should say that; I've customized my font settings pretty
extensively and not had any trouble as a result. I certainly haven't
seen spaces vanish or characters move around without permission.

Like Ed, I don't know what a "secondary font" could be.

Probably it is the font used by the sender of the message rather than
the one you choose to display messages.

Well, until the OP chimes in we'll never know.

possibly "secondary default font" was a poor description.  I will quietly
drop the subject, i've only been using Netscape and then Son of Netscape
for twenty years.....

cheers now,

jim

Me, too, and I haven't a clue what you mean, either. LOL

For what it's worth, I find that pasting into an HTML mail often gets
the font 'stuck' in preformat mode and I have to consciously change back
to body text. Maybe related?

Try right_click and choose Paste Without Formatting?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/