"WaltS48" <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote in message
news:zamdneqbcropstdonz2dnuvz_tsdn...@mozilla.org...
> On 04/15/2014 08:59 AM, F Murtz wrote:
>> Unless someone can tell me how to install sea monkey on xp without it
>> asking
>> me for a security password it seems I won't be using it again which is a
>> pity as it is much better than the  ie outlook rubbish.
>>

> SeaMonkey doesn't ask for a security password on install.
>
> Your Windows version may be asking for that password so it will allow the
> installation to your system.
>
> "For Windows 2000/XP systems, you need Administrator privileges to install
> SeaMonkey. If you see an "Error 5" message during installation, make sure
> you're running the installation with Administrator privileges."
>
> [SeaMonkey: Installation and
> Uninstallation](http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall)

I removed sea monkey using win add and remove,which didn't so I used regedit
and find seamonkey find next delete etc.
I then installed the latest sea monkey and when I started it it insisted on
a "security" password I do not want this rubbish.
Maybe I have to do it all again and try to install an old sea monkey
It may not be sea monkey asking for the password but it only asks when I
start seamonkey

I am having no end of trouble The telstra server wont let me access
newsgroups on seamonkey either but I have had no trouble setting up IE and
outlook

---
is active.