F Murtz wrote:
"WaltS48" <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote in message
news:bpqdnwagishn3ndonz2dnuvz_vcdn...@mozilla.org...
On 04/15/2014 10:07 AM, F Murtz wrote:
"WaltS48" <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote in message
news:zamdneqbcropstdonz2dnuvz_tsdn...@mozilla.org...
On 04/15/2014 08:59 AM, F Murtz wrote:
Unless someone can tell me how to install sea monkey on xp without it
asking
me for a security password it seems I won't be using it again which is
pity as it is much better than the  ie outlook rubbish.

SeaMonkey doesn't ask for a security password on install.

Your Windows version may be asking for that password so it will allow
the
installation to your system.

"For Windows 2000/XP systems, you need Administrator privileges to
install
SeaMonkey. If you see an "Error 5" message during installation, make
sure
you're running the installation with Administrator privileges."

[SeaMonkey: Installation and
Uninstallation](http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall)

I removed sea monkey using win add and remove,which didn't so I used
regedit
and find seamonkey find next delete etc.
I then installed the latest sea monkey and when I started it it insisted
on
a "security" password I do not want this rubbish.
Maybe I have to do it all again and try to install an old sea monkey
It may not be sea monkey asking for the password but it only asks when I
start seamonkey

Well then obviously you, or some user messing with you, set a Master
Password in SeaMonkey sometime in the past.

Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't going to change anything because you
will just continue to use the same old profile.

Maybe something here will help.

[Master password - MozillaZine Knowledge
Base](http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password#Asked_for_a_master_password_despite_never_setting_one)

I see the key3.db and signons.sqlite files mentioned for Firefox in my
SeaMonkey profile.

I have looked for key3.db but can't find it.

It's in your profile folder:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey>

If not, your profile is likely corrupted. Create a new profile as I suggested up-thread.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/