On 6/28/2014 4:54 PM, Rufus wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Rufus pounded out :
>>>
>>> There are a couple of ways to do this -
>>>
>>> 1) you can copy the places.sqlite file from the Profile on one machine
>>> to the other.
>>>
>>> 2) you can use Bookmarks Manager to Export your Bookmarks as .html, move
>>> that file from one machine to the other, and then use Bookmarks Manager
>>> to Import Bookmarks from that file.
>>>
>>> I also use Export and then edit with Composer to send lists of Bookmark
>>> URLs as a .html file to friends via e-mail...very handy.  Also handy if
>>> you don't want to move *all* of your Bookmarks from one machine to
>>> another.
>>>

>> Just copy the places.sqlite.  Assuming both are running the same OS.
>> Exporting and importing have issues.
>>

> ...I've never had any issue with Export/Import on the Mac version...MMV
> with Win.

With Windows XP and now Windows 7, I automatically export my bookmarks
to an .html file every time I terminate SeaMonkey.  Sometimes, I
manually export my bookmarks without terminating.  I then use that .html
file as my home page.

To export bookmarks to file bookmarks.html on every termination of
SeaMonkey, set the preference variable browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML
to "true".

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.