On 6/29/2014 1:36 PM, Juiceman wrote:
> Rufus wrote:
>> Juiceman wrote:
>>> I would like to copy my bookmarks on my laptop computer to my other
>>> computer. What files do I need to copy for my other computer to display
>>> the bookmarks?
>>
>> There are a couple of ways to do this -
>>
>> 1) you can copy the places.sqlite file from the Profile on one machine
>> to the other.
>>
>> 2) you can use Bookmarks Manager to Export your Bookmarks as .html, move
>> that file from one machine to the other, and then use Bookmarks Manager
>> to Import Bookmarks from that file.
>>
>> I also use Export and then edit with Composer to send lists of Bookmark
>> URLs as a .html file to friends via e-mail...very handy.  Also handy if
>> you don't want to move *all* of your Bookmarks from one machine to another.
>>
> Where do I find places.sqlite on a win7 computer. I typed places.sqlite
> in the the search box on the start menu but it didn't find it.?

1.  On the SeaMonkey menubar, select [Help > Troubleshooting Information].

2.  On the Troubleshooting Information window, you will see a section
with the title "Application Basics".  In that section, select the Show
Foilder button adjacent to "Profile Folder".

I suspect this works for all platforms, not merely PCs and definitely
not merely Windows 7 (although the wording might vary, based on the
varying nomenclature used by different platforms).

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.