This comes under heading of "unintended consequences".

I just updated from SM 2.17.1 to 2.26.1.

In browser:
I have my preferences set to display a blank page on startup. In 2.17 that resulted in displaying a blank page *AND* an empty(blank) address bar. With 2.17 there is a reminder that the address bar is for address/search terms. I understand the "logic" behind the chain. Can I have back the desirable default?

In mail/news:
Signature block (correct term?) now appears in lighter type than body of the post. I find this annoying. Once again, any work-around?

P.S. I go back to Netscape days and this was one of the smoother upgrades.