On 9/19/2014 7:07 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 19/09/14 00:05, hawker wrote:

<Snip>

 > I just don't think the SM team is big enough any more or has
enough help to get enough testing and bug fixes done for every release
so the users become the testers for the fixes to be the next release.

So, you'll be offering the SeaMonkey Team your vast experience and
capabilities to assist them in their trying to make SeaMonkey the best
that it can be, then, hawke?? After all, you don't just sit there
bitching, do you??

I'm not very capable, myself, but I've been running the Beta versions
for several years, on both Win7 and Linux, and I don't think I've had
many serious problems, until SM 2.29 on Linux. Cannot even get it to
boot!! And I'm not bitching!

But then, my normal needs are pretty basic!!

That isn't a bitch session or condemning it all. Just simple reality that there are just not a lot of folks plugging in. I'm very thankful for what we have but I'm seeing interest going elsewhere. As for my ability to contribute. I do a little but in the end I'm an electronic engineer, I program with solder (to paraphrase Bob Pease) this isn't my area of expertise.