Miles Fidelman wrote:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

Just tried doing an annual update to the SSL cert for our IMAP server.
We use self-signed certs, so SeaMonkey, of course, flashed an exception
box.

EXCEPT... this year, the "confirm security exception" option was
completely greyed out and inactive, and the "get cert info" yielded
nothing.  All works fine with Thunderbird - so I'm back on the air,
but....

Any ideas what might be wrong, and/or a work-around, before I file a bug
report?

Thanks,

Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Certificates > Manage
Certificates > Servers select your expired self-signed certificate.
Restart SeaMonkey and then see if "Confirm Security Exception" is now
enabled.

Can't seem to find the expired cert in the viewer.

Also tried restored the old cert on the server-side, things work again,
but still can't find that cert in the viewer.

Very odd.

Yes. I have development servers that use self-signed certs and they work just fine in 2.31. I typically extend the expire date for 10 years so I don't have to fuss walking users through the process more than once.

Sometimes generating a new cert for the server will give you the prompt to install the new cert. Had to do that for IMAP server when the heartbleed patch when through

Also there seem to have been a bunch of bug reports on this issue (can't
use self-signed certs) for Thunderbird, earlier this year - which seem
to have been fixed.  I wonder if those fixes haven't made it into
SeaMonkey.

<shrug> But you should have just posted to the NG, and not my email.

--
Take care,

Jonathan