On 01/13/2015 11:40 AM, HenriK wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
HenriK wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Didn't SM invite you to enter your password? How did that go?

What really puzzles me is that I can reach this e-mail account via
Verizon webmail using what I wrote down as both the correct user name
and password. Accordingly, I believe neither is the problem.  After
I deleted all 'Verizon ...' entries in Password Manager, when I again
tried to access the new e-mail account via SM's e-mail function, I
got the usual 'authentication failure' response.

You haven't answered my question -- when you get the authentication
failure, is
there no way out? Does SeaMonkey not prompt you to enter the correct
password?

Oh, I'm sorry.  I seem to have misunderstood you.  Yes, after I get the
authentication failure message the first time I try to bring up my new
Verizon e-mail account, SM prompts me to enter a new (correct) password.

When I do that, I get the authentication failure message again and,
again, SM prompts me to enter a new password.  This routine seems to go
on forever but I have actually tried to enter the correct password (the
one that works with Verizon Webmail) only six times.

Since the password unfailingly works with Verizon Webmail, I can only
assume that my problem has something to do with the SM setup for this
new Verizon e-mail account.  Ideas?  (and thanks for sticking with me on
this).

Contact Verizon support.

--
Strip District Music Fest 2015-01-17