Alexandre Yudenitsch wrote:
EE wrote, on 23 Feb 16 15:16:

Are you blocking referers?  If a site will not respond to clicks on
links, that could be the problem.  If you are using RefControl, you can
make exceptions to blocking for particular sites.

I don't know what you mean: 'Link Behavior' in SM Preferences doesn't
say anything about blocking 'referrers', and as far as I know I'm not
using "RefControl" (is that an add-on/extension?).

Another workaround would be to right-click the link, choose "Copy Link
Location", and paste that into the address bar.

hat doesn't work because the browser doesn't see it as a 'link', so the
appear, even though the pointer changes to the 'link selection' "hand"....

I've just tried opening the 'offending' page in FireFox and, even though
it also doesn't see the 'clickable field' as a "link', clicking does
take me to the intended page, as had been happening in SM up to a few
days ago -- so, SOMETHING has changed, but I have no idea what!

"Link Behaviour" is basically tabs versus windows. A referrer is information that a browser sends when following links or picking up images to the site where the file is being requested, telling it where the browser came from. I use RefControl to block third party referrers, since they are normally not needed, and I do not think one website needs to know where I came from if I came from a different host.