On 25/02/2016 10:37 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
EE wrote on 24/02/2016 22:35:

"Link Behaviour" is basically tabs versus windows.  A referrer is
information that a browser sends when following links or picking up
images to the site where the file is being requested, telling it where
the browser came from.  I use RefControl to block third party
referrers, since they are normally not needed, and I do not think one
website needs to know where I came from if I came from a different host.

On our Website, we fill our database with a lot of stupid entries ...
this was caused by spammers who copy a page of one of our form into
their host, modify it then use it a lot.
The "referer" was our solution to stop the fill of our database because
we test: If the referer is not from our site, then discard.
This is a case of one website NEEDS TO KNOW where you came from.

Ray, when you talk about are "referer", are you talking about an Add-On to SM or is it a totally seperate function??

Like Alexandre, I cannot say I've ever heard of SM having a "referer" function. If it does have such a function, where do I find it??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39 Build identifier: 20151028234211
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501