On 5/9/2016 8:37 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 05/09/2016 09:31 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 5/8/2016 9:54 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/8/2016 7:44 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 05/08/2016 10:34 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 5/7/2016 9:53 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
Web designers have gone bonkers with styles.
Their idiocy can be defeated on a per-page basis by View->Use
Style->None.
I wish to surf with "None" being my default rather than
"Default Style".
How???? I unsuccessfully searched about:config for both "CSS"
and "style".

To declutter my experience I browse with:
  JavaScript, cookies, colors/backgrounds disabled
  font size forced to a readable minimum

HELP please.

When I set View > Page Style > No Style in SeaMonkey for one
site, all the other sites I visit after have No Style.

The same in Firefox.

It appears to me that is all you need to do, unless it
reverts on
a restart. Which it did in my Firefox test.

My solution would be to start with my home page set to
about:blank, change the setting from the menu and continue on.

But it reverts anytime a new browser window or tab is opened :<

That's why you start with about:blank as the home page,
change it and
browse happily each restart, until somebody comes up with a
better
solution. Maybe leave the browser running 24/7 so you can
escape the
annoyance of changing the setting each restart.

I'll experiment and see if I can find something.

Do as I did.  I instealled the PrefBar extension from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/prefbar/>.

!!! I consider that URL *TOXIC*  !!!
BACKGROUND: Since the days of Netscape I have explicitly
avoided addons/extensions/???.
            [presumed to be the moral equivalent of a plague of
virii ;]
They use "download" to ACTUALLY MEAN *INSTALL*.
I clicked on the link expecting to download a file which I
could examine.
When download manager did not come up, I aborted SeaMonkey and
restarted in Safe Mode.
It informed me that an addon was attempting an installation.
I refused permission.

  Then I
imported the CSS Checkbox into PrefBar from
<http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/buttons.html#togglecss>, which
placed the
checkbox on my PrefBar tool bar.

When you posted that URL originally, I associated any URL with
"tux" in it to be
Linux oriented. As I'm on widows currently, I passed.

Most Web sites have okay CSS.  When I find a site that has a
problem, I
merely uncheck the CSS Checkbox without having to navigate
through a menu.

My original post stated my requirement to be the inverse.
I *REQUIRE* JavaScript, cookies, and styles(CSS etc) to be
disabled by default.

How would anything work at all?

In general, very nicely thank you.
Or to paraphrase a TV ad from the last century "Where's the data?"
There is *ONLY* _ONE_ site I visit regularly where I relent.
I have a separate profile for my bank.