On 30/09/2016 7:16 AM, bwitzed wrote:
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 3:27:05 AM UTC-7, Daniel wrote:
On 24/09/2016 4:10 AM, bwitzed wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 6:16:54 AM UTC-7, TCW wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:37:41 -0700 (PDT),
bwitzed wrote:

I am very frustrated that now that I have installed seamonkey
2.40, though it has solved the problem of continuous crashing, I
can no longer see ANY images in my email, though the preferences
have nothing blocked.  I disabled all addons except session
manager to no avail.  I do not think opening each and every of
multitudinal images in the browser is a workaround.  So, what to
do? 2.41?

I also hate resetting myself up each time, but how do I find my
previous sessions?

Lastly,  I heard that Chrome is the best browser because, unlike
all other browsers, it does not use java which is a back door to
all sorts of unsavory things.  So what can you tell me on this
and seamonkey?

Would you be willing to try a stable build of SM 2.45 to see if it
fixes the problem?

  > Yes but apparently the problem was in privacy so it is working now.
  > What more does this new version give me?

Greater, or updated, security, maybe! Other improvements.

  > And how do I find my old profiles? What is the file or file extension
  > I am looking for?

Have a look at Tools->Switch Profiles to see if you have more profiles
than you would expect. Sometimes things happen which result in new
profiles being created!!

The e-mails that you have sent are stored in a file called sent. no
extension, just sent, although there should also be a file called
sent.snm, which is the index file for the sent file.

The e-mails that you receive are stored in a file called Inbox. no
extension, just Inbox, although there should also be a file called
inbox.snm, which is the index file for the inbox file.

Do a Windows Search for either of these files to find their locations.
Or, in SeaMonkey, have a look at Edit->Mail & Newsgroups Account
Settings, select "Server Settings" for your e-mail account and, at the
bottom of that screen, you should see the location of your Mail account
in the "Local directory" spot!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501

But what is the filename or extension I search for in indows explorer to find
the other profile on my computer.

Each profiles information is stored in a file called "prefs.js".
Each mail accounts received e-mails are stored in a fill called "inbox" with its indexed file called "inbox.snm". Each mail accounts sent e-mails are stored in a fill called "sent" with its indexed file called "sent.snm".

Didn't I just type that??