Gerry Hickman wrote:

Chris, as explained in my original post, I'm talking about "Tools :
Add-ons Manager : Plugins". When I try to update from within
SeaMonkey, it offers ...

No, as previously noted, it's not "offering," it's "detecting." It's saying "this is what you have."

an out-of-date version and says it's "blocked".

Yes. What you have is outdated and vulnerable so it's blocked.

I think it's pointing to the site https://addons.mozilla.org/

If you click the link at the top, "Check to see if your plugins are up to date," you'll be taken to <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/>. Below "Common plugins you should check often," you'll see "Adobe Flash Player" listed with your current version and a diagnosis (mine says "up to date," but yours will probably say "outdated"). You'll also see, below that, "All plugins" -- click that to diagnose all your plugins.

At any rate, if your version of Flash is outdated, you'll see a big orange button, "Update now." That will take you to the Adobe page where you can download and/or install the latest version. My personal preference is to save the installer, close SM, and then run it from my download directory; YMMV. By the same token, my personal preference is to reject the bundled software (McAfee, Chrome, whatever); YMMV. When you're done, Adobe will launch SM and send you to a thank-you page. You should re-run the detection routine (CTRL-SHIFT-A) to confirm that you now have the latest version -- if all is well, it will now say "up to date" and "Always activate."

Paul B. Gallagher