Alexander Yudenitsch wrote:

Hi, Paul B. Gallagher! Thanks for your quick reply, on 09 Oct 16
21:39!

A happy coincidence that you decided to do so, since I already had
the intention of writing you, to ask for details about your migration
of SM from XP to W7 -- but let's leave that for a little later, OK?

I can't promise to remember the details of what I did so long ago...

IIRC, I upgraded the OS from XP to Win2000 while SM was already installed, and it just ran without further action on my part. And then I did the same thing again when going from Win2000 to Win7.

But don't quote me -- it's been over a decade, and I can't swear that I'm reembering correctly.

Paul B. Gallagher