Lee wrote:
On 10/12/16, Paul B. Gallagher <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:
Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

Hi,

on some (few) web pages I can not reach the linked contents because my
unofficial en-US SeaMonkey 2.49a1  (NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 Build 20160930004545  (Default Classic
Theme) on German WIN7 64bit with my normal User Profile automatically
replaces "http" in URL by "https".

Example:
1. In Browser visit <http://www.draytek.de/>
2. In page contents heading line
     ˋclick downloads - Firmwareˊ
     Expected: <http://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> opens
     Actual:   <https://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> will
               not open because it does not exist. So Error 404.

I see that after a short moment in URL bar "http" becomes replaced by
"https"

Unable to reproduce. I just get the requested directory of downloadable
files. Waited 13 minutes, no switch to https.

A lot of sites automatically redirect you to the https version of
their site, like google.
http://www.google.com  redirects to  https://www.google.com

True enough, but this one didn't.

As Bret noted, this redirection is probably some feature of the site, and not of SeaMonkey.

Paul B. Gallagher