On 10/11/2016 9:30 PM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Hi,
> on some (few) web pages I can not reach the linked contents because my
> unofficial en-US SeaMonkey 2.49a1  (NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 Build 20160930004545  (Default Classic
> Theme) on German WIN7 64bit with my normal User Profile automatically
> replaces "http" in URL by "https".
> Example:
> 1. In Browser visit <http://www.draytek.de/>
> 2. In page contents heading line
>    ˋclick downloads - Firmwareˊ
>    Expected: <http://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> opens
>    Actual:   <https://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> will
>              not open because it does not exist. So Error 404.
> I see that after a short moment in URL bar "http" becomes replaced by
> "https"
> This also happens in Safe Mode without add-ons
> No problem in a newly created User Profile.
> So this problem seems to be caused by my preferences, but I can't find
> the responsible one.
> Any ideas?
> Best Regards
> Rainer

Redirect for me in 2.46 Windows. However, I also get the same with
Firefox 50.0b6, and Opera 40.02. I do not get the redirect in Chrome 53.0.2x
In Opera I got a onetime redirect to DrayTek's home page:
So it could very well be site related?

Note: I even uninstalled 'HTTPS Everywhere' in Opera just in case - it
wasn't installed in Firefox, so nothing to remove.