NoOp wrote on 13/10/2016 00:44:
On 10/12/2016 01:05 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/12/2016 10:47 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 12/10/2016 15:09:
Lee wrote:
On 10/12/16, Paul B. Gallagher <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:
Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

Hi,

on some (few) web pages I can not reach the linked contents
because my
unofficial en-US SeaMonkey 2.49a1  (NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 Build 20160930004545  (Default Classic
Theme) on German WIN7 64bit with my normal User Profile automatically
replaces "http" in URL by "https".

Example:
1. In Browser visit <http://www.draytek.de/>
2. In page contents heading line
      ˋclick downloads - Firmwareˊ
      Expected: <http://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> opens
      Actual: <https://myvigoreu.draytek.com/download_de/> will
                not open because it does not exist. So Error 404.

I see that after a short moment in URL bar "http" becomes replaced by
"https"
Unable to reproduce. I just get the requested directory of
downloadable
files. Waited 13 minutes, no switch to https.
A lot of sites automatically redirect you to the https version of
their site, like google.
http://www.google.com  redirects to  https://www.google.com
True enough, but this one didn't.

As Bret noted, this redirection is probably some feature of the site,
and not of SeaMonkey.

If it's the site .... Could you explain why ONLY Rainer Bielefeld  have
the problem ?
I can't, hence the "probably."

On the other hand, I can't think of any reason why SM would alter a URL.

It's SeaMonkey 2.46, based on Gecko 52.0 which has changes to it that
redirects http to https pages, if they exist?

No idea why it doesn't in a new profile, other than there are no changes
and his production profile is corrupt.

I can't reproduce in linux 2.46:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
Build identifier: 20160922144825
but can in Windows (see my other post in this thread).
The prefs.js file for the linux client and the Windows client were
identical -
   I even went through the Win prefs.js and cleaned out all the left over
crap entries from 'HTTPS Everywere' (extensions.https_everywhere.*) and
still can reproduce on the Windows client. I left them in in the linux
client.

So, I'm stumpted :-(

In the interim, Rainer can go to the ftp directory to download:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/
(or try Chrome).

Have you tried to clear the cache ?