Jonathan N. Little wrote:

There was a 5th option but apparently you do not wish to either answer
my questions or follow my instructions. Oh well...

I was asked the same questions by others so I answered them in one messag.. I also tried to answer all your questions too.

Your detailed instructions I've forwarded to someone else to read through because I'm getting frustrated by this and a clear head will probably be better than a frustrated, confused one. If that person can't do it. I'll take both computers to someone who can.

The old machine (laptop) does boot up but the battery is not holding the charge. It doesn't take much to dislodge jack from the socket. The keyboard isn't working properly either. It's had a blow through but I think some of the keys are worn and it needs a new keyboard. It needs to go in for remedial work *if* possible or the hard drive removing and putting into another machine. I have a second laptop which had a hard drive failure.

I'm not all that technically minded.

Lil Sparrow