> Edmund, just as a By-the-By, would those still developing Thunderbird have an
> interest in any Composer bugs?? If so, would they have access to
> SeaMonkey::Composer??

They have their hands full getting 60 out the door. We are still months behind them. The Composer code lives in shared code with TB but is not packed into TB. Composer picks up some mailnews changes too.

Composer specific code is not exactly unmaintained but without new devs it takes a backseat and gets only minimal support to keep it running.

Speaking of testing. Try 2.53 and see if Composer still works. I am using this as the base to port patches to the next planned release 2.57 but really only tested mailnews and the browser yet. Bill uses my patch tree:

https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/

Consider it beta and not fully up to date wrt security but otherwise it is nice. Bugs reports are accepted.

download manager and notifications still have known issues open so don't report anything against these.

Back up your profile if you use it. Downgrading won't work. Based on 56 with numerous patches (NSS 3.36 + security + performance).

FRG

Daniel wrote:
Edmund Wong wrote on 16/05/18 15:00:
Ant wrote:
On 5/15/2018 3:46 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
  > I say on your May 14th Seamonkey Meeting Notes that Seamonkey
Composer may be discontinued?

Where did you see this? I wrote the notes and this is not mentioned
anywhere.

  > There was an enquiry by Mozilla if the Composer standalone product
in Bugzilla

I just added a clarification here in case you meant this.

I saw it too.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2018-05-13#Action_Items was
where I saw it.

The removal is of the Composer component/product in
Bugzilla.mozilla.org, and not the actual application.
We're planning to move the Composer product in Bugzilla
under SeaMonkey::Composer.

Edmund