Ray Davison composed on 2018-06-16 19:26 (UTC-0700):

> I treat the app, the profile and email as three separate things.  Each
> is in it's own tree, not connected to the others, but the app points to
> the profile and the profile points to the mail.  Each then is
> individually controlled.

> My mail files began life in Netscape, and have never been "lost".

Impressive history, similar to mine. I currently have 25 directories in the
directory hosting all my profiles.

If you keep pressing it long enough, eventually a demon from Firefox devolution
will slither in with insufficient warning and bite you. There was a rather
recent change (post-2.46 IIRC) in some file format somewhere in each profile
that would make going back to some not too old version require restoration of at
least one file from backup, or worse. Better to only move up, not back, unless
your backup system is well maintained, or you know exactly which file(s) are
impacted and proceed accordingly.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/