Frog wrote on 12/07/2018 9:48 PM:
Ray_Net wrote:
Frog wrote on 09-07-18 23:00:

<Snip>

Additional Information

I continued my search today for the reason why wanted messages
with attachments were not arriving in my SeaMonkey mail.
Interestingly, I found some of these messages were sent to my
never used AOL browser as trash.  This information indicates to
me that my virus scan software is not deleting these
messages...that software at AOL is not deleting these
messages...and now I believe my lost message problem is located
either in SeaMonkey or MailWasher.

I continue to need help with this problem.

Frog
You may try uninstalling MailWasher ...

I think...I hope the solution to my problem has been found. I
contacted AOL about my situation...mainly I asked if a filter was
placed on my mail. Here is what they said...

Please note that these situations often occur when an email filter is
 preventing all incoming emails from reaching the Inbox folder. These
 filters are usually changed when an AOL account was hacked or
compromised.

To resolve this, we have reset the server settings associated to your
 account that may have been changed if your account was compromised
and you should be receiving emails normally from now on. Please sign
out and back in for the changes to take full effect.

So far, with fingers crossed, I am once again receiving incoming messages with attachments in my inbox. I know of no hacking or compromise of my account...or that any filter was ever placed on my account.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Frog

Gee Whiz!! I would have thought that if a Service Provider was going to
change the set-up of the service they provided, they would tell the
users all about it!! ;-)

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623