Go to http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/ for information on how to install and use Prefbar.

rjkrjk wrote:
plz explain how this is done,  tks

no...@nonospam.org wrote on 9/2/18 6:00 PM:
Replying to a couple of suggestions from different responders:

Clearing my cache did not fix this.

Using the Prefbar add-on, changing my User Agent from SM to Firefox DID fix it. Switching

back and forth between the two, it is repeatable.

Thanks for the suggestions!

John

Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3041415&p=14808162#p14808162

no...@nonospam.org wrote:
Yesterday morning, when I went to google.com, the cursor was displaced to the top of the search box instead of being centered, and as I typed in a search some of the words would spill over to a second line in the search box. This happened only with SM, and it
happened on every computer I tried it on.

Later in the day, the problem disappeared, but today it is back again. I haven't seen
this on any other website.

Why is this only showing up on SM and not on Firefox, IE11, or Edge? Any ideas on how to
eliminate it? Thanks!

John

Google has changed a few things in the last few days.
IMO, they did initial testing a few weeks ago.
My user string does not have your problem in SM on this machine,
but the same string in FF on a different machine does what you said.
On both machines Google has eliminated the URL that bypasses their
"search help" so that now every letter I type gets sent to Google
which then suggests search words.  I hate that and their reporting home.

---
https://www.avg.com

--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.