Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Frog wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/8/20 12:08 AM, Frog wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

Wow! SeaMonkey 2.531. I missed a few versions. ;)

Go to your Verizon accounts SMTP settings in Outgoing Server(SMTP) Settings.
Click Edit.
Add the complete email address in the User Name: field.

Seems to be a problem since yesterday.

Thanks Walts48 for your response.

I did as you suggested with the same old results...mt test message didn't leave my computer.  Here is the window that I edited:

SMPT Server

Aerver Name:     smtp.verizon.net

Port:   465     Default:    465

Security and Authentication

Connection security:  SSL/TLS

Authentication method: Normal password

User Name: Was the first part of my email address up to the @ was changed to my complete email address.

OK        Cancel        Help

I hope that I made the change as you suggested.

Frog

Looks good to me. It is what works in my Thunderbird's.

Did you get a password prompt, entered the password and still can't send an email?

Yes, I did get the password prompt request and I did enter my password---same results.

Try port 587 which is STARTTLS, I saw that in a site telling people how to use Thunderbird with AOL.  If that does not work then you fall back to 465 = SSL/TLS, which is what the other similar sites were suggesting. I have several accounts and the split is 50% : 50% between the two variations.

I changed the port number to 587 as you suggested...the default remained 465. I attempted so send myself a message with the same results. I then (leaving the change in place) decided to change the Server Name from smpt.verizon.net to smpt.aol.com. I tried to send an email test message to myself. It appeared that the message was sent...the message never showed up in my inbox. I decided at this point to restore things back to the original setting pending conformation of my actions.