Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Frog wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/8/20 12:08 AM, Frog wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

Wow! SeaMonkey 2.531. I missed a few versions. ;)

Go to your Verizon accounts SMTP settings in Outgoing Server(SMTP) Settings.
Click Edit.
Add the complete email address in the User Name: field.

Seems to be a problem since yesterday.

Thanks Walts48 for your response.

I did as you suggested with the same old results...mt test message didn't leave my computer.  Here is the window that I edited:

SMPT Server

Aerver Name:     smtp.verizon.net

Port:   465     Default:    465

Security and Authentication

Connection security:  SSL/TLS

Authentication method: Normal password

User Name: Was the first part of my email address up to the @ was changed to my complete email address.

OK        Cancel        Help

I hope that I made the change as you suggested.

Frog

Looks good to me. It is what works in my Thunderbird's.

Did you get a password prompt, entered the password and still can't send an email?

Yes, I did get the password prompt request and I did enter my password---same results.

Try port 587 which is STARTTLS, I saw that in a site telling people how to use Thunderbird with AOL.  If that does not work then you fall back to 465 = SSL/TLS, which is what the other similar sites were suggesting. I have several accounts and the split is 50% : 50% between the two variations.

I changed the port number to 587 as you suggested...the default remained 465.  I attempted so send myself a message with the same results.  I then (leaving the change in place) decided to change the Server Name from smpt.verizon.net to smpt.aol.com.  I tried to send an email test message to myself.  It appeared that the message was sent...the message never showed up in my inbox.  I decided at this point to restore things back to the original setting pending conformation of my actions.

It looks like I got things backward, if you set "Connection security" to STARTTLS then the Port gets set to 587 automatically.  Setting it back to SSL/TLS reverts to 465.  That may be irrelevant if you managed to send a message successfully, do you have another victim you could send a message to and then ask if they got it? Assuming you have managed to work out if you can send messages or not, you can start looking at the input side of things.  I sent you a long response to your mozilla.general post a day or so, if you can't retrieve messages you could have a look at that. I have several email addresses so it is a lot easier to check what is not working.

I made the change you suggested (i.e. Changing the "Connection security" to STARTTLS and the port numbers changed to 587" as you said they would. I tried to send another test message and nothing happened.  I then changed the Server Name from smpt.verizon.net to smpt.aol.com. and tried to send a message...and nothing at all happened.  I then changed every thing back to the original settings.

Yes, I did receive your earlier message and will be taking a look at it next.

I continue to be very appreciative of your help...thank you very much.

Frog

I have come to a conclusion...I believe Verizon has lost my password. I am noticing that I am constantly being asked for my password when sending a message via verizon.net. Even when I give them my password, the message fails to send. Now I've got a new challenge...how do I get Verizon on board with my password. Any help would be appreciated.
Frog