Vitenka - Zen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Ok, humourous rant aside:  Someone mentioned
> settings in the readme to help the browser getting
> choked off problem?  I see no such mention in my
> readme - does anyone have the text?

Many browsers limit the number of simultaneous connections to something far
too low for efficiently browsing Freenet (since Freenet pages often have
much higher latency than web pages). This can usually be reconfigured. For
example, for mozilla, add the following to prefs.js):

user_pref("network.http.max-connections", 200);
user_pref("network.http.max-connections-per-server", 100);

Unfortunately, old versions of Mozilla were observed to by default feed
queries that time out into Google, thus destroying your anonymity - however, I
haven't seen this in Mozilla after version 1.0. Microsoft Internet Explorer
has a totally different anonymity-destroying bug (not respecting MIME types).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |