Since I'm unfortunate enough to be on a bandwidth cap I like to monitor where my bandwidth is going so I can shut down anything that's guzzling loads of bandwidth. I do this through simple IPTABLES rules, as it gives a nice breakdown of what's using what.

Unfortunately, as freenet just claims a random port to connect out on, I can't do this management. I would like an option to restrict the port range bound to if it's possible.

I'm not overly worried about any privacy issues this may cause, I don't mind if it's off by default, but if it's possible it would be nice to have. If I could figure out where in the source this is done I may be able to submit a patch or something...
--
Phillip Hutchings
[EMAIL PROTECTED]