Toad wrote:

| On stable? How many live connections? Do you get RNFs? DNFs?

I think stable was actually better last I checked than unstable.  Don't
know RNF or DNF from Dionsaur.  5-10 connections, 2 or 3 loaded before
the browser timed out (guess).

| How much RAM does it have? We have had reports of reasonable performance

256 megs, but it's also running a lot of stuff --
apache,squid,qmail,djbdns,dhcpd,samba,sshd,bincimap,stunnel

Admittedly, there's not a lot of load on it, and a lot of that could be
swapped.  But I'm running Linux 2.6, and Top shows 99% CPU in userland,
by Freenet -- not in IO-Wait, where it would be if RAM was an issue.

| on that class of hardware. OTOH, it's not a big priority at the moment.

What's the bigger priority right now?  Because everything always seemed
to "just work" for me with Freenet -- it would just do it excruciatingly
slow.

| I don't think Freenet's bandwidth limiting is unobtrusive enough for
| gaming. Having said that, a gamer will tell you that ANYTHING else
| running on the connection will increase his ping. Even if it doesn't! :)

I'm a gamer, and I run web and email on this.  My bro notices when I run
freenet.

| those will be rectified when GCJ works. If we had used C++, we'd have
| spent a year arguing over whether to include a garbage collector. If
| we had used Ocaml, we'd have had even fewer coders than we have now.

If you'd used Perl?  (Ok, that's not fair, and it's moot anyway.)

| I've seen all of the above. Get hold of a copy of Eclipse compiled under
| GCJ sometime...

Will do!  Sometime...