This is not true. A global darknet is feasible, as I have explained:
National barriers, and even language barriers are by no means absolute,
and to the extent that they affect the network they can be dealt with.
If Freenet provides something of value, we can make a large darknet.

AND IF IT ISN'T THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING FREENET BECAUSE IF FREENET
EVER DOES MEET ITS GOALS IT WILL BE ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE.

That is not to say that opennet isn't important. Opennet will be
implemented. But not yet, because it is not time to do it yet. We do not
want to introduce more chaos to an already chaotic situation by
implementing opennet before we have even started to sort out load
balancing, for example.