Yes and no.  It will run just fine, however you'll lose things like
the automatic start at bootup.  Also, Freenet is not expected to work
well with low uptime; it really, really wants to run 24x7 or close to
it.  Connecting for a couple hours a day won't work nearly as well.
Also, I highly recommend using a data store of several GB, which is
getting large by flash drive standards.

Evan Daniel